Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Our Cosmetic Experience: January and February


In January and February, we emptied quite a few cosmetic containers.



Body care: Aloe Fresh Moisturizing Body Lotion - another body lotion by Dermasil.


I really liked it. It has a pleasant, light scent (vanilla + Rosa Damascena?). The lotion formula is creamy and rich, rather thick but not greasy at all. It spreads on the skin evenly. I used the product after showering - the moisturizing agents of the lotion made the skin of my body finely hydrated. I also applied it to my feet and I loved how soft and gentle they felt then.

The lotion ingredients which I liked best:
  • Sunflower seed oil,
  • Aloe Vera leaf juice,
  • Borago officinalis seed oil,
  • Sweet almond oil,
  • Sandalwood oil,
  • Rosa Damascena extract,
  • Vanilla Planifolia fruit extract.

Our Pros:
- fast absorbing moistens dry skin well,
- pleasant scent,
- non-greasy,
- paraben free,
- not tested on animals,
- affordable price

The tube contained 10z / 296 ml of the lotion. Quite a lot of good stuff for a low price.

Would we buy it again? Yes 👍

Body care: Oil of Life Sensitive Skin Body Wash - rather creamy but a bit watery at the same time. The latter was rather disappointing and made the wash not efficient. It did not foam much but cleaned my skin well. A positive thing was that the body wash did not dry my skin, the creamy side of the formula seemed to give the skin a kind of moisturizing protection.

My favorite ingredients of the Oil of Life Sensitive Body Wash:
  • Soybean oil,
  • Shea butter.
The bottle contained 15 oz/444 ml of the body wash.

Hair care: Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Hair Conditioner

My favorite ingredients of the conditioner:
  • Rosa Centifolia flower extract,
  • Passiflora fruit extract,
  • Corn Silk extract.
I used to have the shampoo from the same Herbal Essences series. I loved the rosy scent of both products. The conditioner made my hair soft and fluffy. After the hair wash + using the conditioner + drying my hair with a towel, I was able to comb and style my hair easily The strands were soft,  fluffy and they looked fresh. All in all, it made me and my colored hair happy.

Would I buy it again? Yes 👍

Face care: Daily facial Moisturizer by Cetaphil 👍

It is a very light face cream with SPF 15. It is fragrance-free which is a reason my damaged facial nerve tolerates it *. The cream does not clog pores, it slightly hydrates the skin. However, sometimes it seemed the moisturizing effect was not long lasting enough for my dry skin. I think the cream will be a good summer face care option. On hot days my face needs much lighter creams than in the wintertime. The face cream worked well as a makeup base. Since it is one of the very few face care products which I can actually use on my entire face, I am certainly going to buy it and use it again

* It means I can apply the cream to both sides of my face and no painful reaction to the cosmetic.

Hand care: Udderly Smooth Hand Cream

I wrote about it in that post. A good hand care product, improving the condition of the dry skin

Body care: Belle D'Opium perfumed body lotion was part of a cosmetic set, accompanied by body wash and Belle D'Opium Eau de parfum.

The lotion was light but it nourished/moistened the body really well. The fragrance, when spread all over my body was strong enough not to use the regular Eau de parfum afterward.

 ⓻ Foot care: Gold Bond Ultimate Softening Foot Cream

We bought the cream being encouraged by a sample of another Gold Bond product which we had happened to receive.
The cream softens and nourishes the skin = improves its condition. It enveloped my feet like a soft shawl. Pleasant scent.

My favorite ingredients:
  • matricaria flower extract,
  • lavender extract,
  • acacia flower extract,
  • rosemary leaf extract,
  • urea,
  • panthenol

Would we buy it again? Yes 👍

Face care accessory: Clarisse Cotton Rounds made of 100% cotton. 


This kind of product is something which I use almost every day - a little but necessary item. I must admit, the rounds helped remove eye and face makeup very efficiently. They absorbed the makeup removal products and tonic well enough to finely support the skin cleansing. All in all, good quality product.

Would I buy it again? Yes 👍

Hand care: Oriflame Diamonds & Pearls Hand Soap


The soap was a gift from my dear friend in Poland. When I lived in the country, I used to purchase Oriflame cosmetics (they originate in Sweden). I liked their face care and makeup items.

The soap bar smelled nice and felt very creamy on hands during washing them. It seemed more like a balm than a soap. Tiny pieces of mica were part of the soap formula. Although it did not foam much, it cleansed the hands well. I liked washing my hands with the soap bar. I wish the Oriflame products were available here (for the same price/prices as in Europe).


Expired -Throw Away Item

When I bought the hair conditioner, I was pleased with its quality and hair volumizing properties. I wrote more about the product here. I used it from time to time but the size of the bottle appeared to be too big for me and my short/medium length hair. The conditioner expired and became not good before I managed to reach the bottom of the container (20 oz/ 591ml).



Would I buy it again? Yes, but then I would need to use it very regularly to avoid the throwaway option.

No comments :

Post a Comment